Wednesday 9 January 2013

The Dedicated Boozer

I was not a dedicated boozer long back. Not too back as well. I still remember the days when i was a teetotaler. I now drink, oh no I booze. Sometimes i overdo and create a mess. People around me says i am increasingly getting messier with each passing month. Though my boozer colleagues do not think so. We do discuss and ensure that we do not cross the lekshman rekha we set up as a group. Not sure if the rekha itself is moving.

We talk while we booze and talk a lot on things spanning from nostalgia to current affairs. We discuss national and international issues. We rarely discuss simple day to day things of daily finance and all other banausic tasks. That we do whole day and need not spend this quality time for that. We sometimes discuss on what to discuss but that is after finding that we have divulged a lot from the initial topic. Oh by the way what was the initial topic. We need to focus on topic and we are committed to it. Not that all of us are a talkative lot and we rarely speak while we are not boozed. But even in the high i can make out all of us talk a lot. Yesterday talk of corruption, today hmm.., i have read the news paper and planned to discuss something. I need not start all the discussion so neither am i forced to figure out the topic. There is no target and nothing to gain from this discussion. Ya, i do see my pockets and friends pocket get lighter. But it happened to my teetotaler friend as well who was diagnosed with cancer. They say if we overdo we will get cancer as well. Oh but not having it does not guarantee that we become a Hanuman and live for eternity. May be we should discuss about this once in our talk.

By the way i find more friends now from a large cross section of population. I am finally a social being. We can talk on any topic now. A bottle and few glasses are the unifying factor or a few bottle and a large number of glasses. I see some of them new, ya freshers. They are having beer. I also started that way.  One airline might have filed bankruptcy but he makes some best stuff. and cost effective too. A bird as logo. I never understood why it groping at me. It was cute long back. I stopped using it as i did not like its stare. Now we have the blenders pride while using the officer's choice. I see Teacher's almost daily now after leaving the college though after the sunset. I also have a teacher, a soldier, a politician around this small table.

By the way did i tell you few years back i was not at all drinking. It was good at that time as there was silence all around. I never had so many friends as i have today. But had few and had few discussions on issues of worldly matter with a well defined problem statement and a target to solve it. I was eager to solve the worlds issue but had few friends interested in those discussion. I was becoming a self imposed self confined convict behind the iron bars of my thoughts. I called up the dwindling crowd of teetotalers once in a while and issues of discussion are shifting to more serious stuff. Sometime in past, i thought i did not want to discuss serious stuff and so i am now a dedicated boozer.

By the way I started with a sip and may be increased to few sips. Oh then some thing terrible happened. See we boozers do not talk about sad stuff. it will be an unbearable ennui to hear when you are here to lighten up. Who wants to pay through the nose at one of those multiplexes for a tragic movie. See now no one make such movies.

See we boozers reuse some words or phrases a lot. I need to get out this phrase by the way. I will never reuse it. Oh i think i forgot something. Did i introduce myself? I think not. I am DAS, an abbreviation for Deepika Aslam Sarah, a true daasi who wants to go to heaven as it is only gods who got the soma rasa and the rakshas of hell or Earth are still fending for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment